Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Good Day

Nothing special, but it feels like a good day.


The windows are open, and I am enjoying the slight breeze while I fold the mountain of laundry that has accumulated in our bedroom. A Celtic CD is playing, and the combination of a cool, sunny day and beautiful music just lifts my spirits.


As I sort, I am compiling a stack of hand me downs to go to Haitians who lost everything in the recent storms, and it fills me with gratitude for the life we lead. Though I am not a fan of doing laundry, as I fold the girls seemingly endless baskets of clothes, I realize how blessed we are, to have this abundance of clothing and a safe place to live. It is hard to grumble about this task when there is so much to be thankful for around me.


So as I fold I am thanking God for this family and the gift of being able to take care of them. For laundry to fold and put away, for beds to be made, and meals to be prepared. This day is filled with household chores and errands to be run, in addition to my "job". My to do list is never completely crossed off, and exhaustion is my best friend. Keeping a household running is not always respected in society, and the tasks are never ending. The job is...


Tedious. Often.


Under appreciated. Occasionally.


A gift from God. Always.


Thank You God, for giving me a life filled to the rim with more than I could have dared hope for.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Amening you, friend. I feel the same.

Dena said...

Love your blog, thanks for visiting mine!!! Your home is beautiful and so are your girls! :o)

Anonymous said...

Yep. I forget when I look at my kids seemingly endless supply of clothes how lucky we are in this.

Thanks for the reminder.