Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Faith Like A Child

Cassidy and her little friend are downstairs playing while I pack for tomorrow's business trip. Focused on my task, I still have one ear to their chatter as they tumble and compare who does the best splits.

Then, out of the blue, Ashlynn says to Cassidy, "Do you know Mark 12:30-32?"
She then begins to recite the virtues of those "who love the Lord with all their heart, all their strength, and all their might", and as Cassidy joins, in they pretty much get it all right. I am amazed that they even know these verses, let alone desire to share them with one another.

Wow! I sit here speechless...these are 9 year old girls! Sharing God's Word, without prompting from anything other than the Holy Spirit. I pray daily for God to send my girls godly friends, and I think He has definitely answered that prayer.

2 comments:

Susan said...

This thrills my heart!! It's what it is all about, hiding God's word in our hearts that we might not sin against Him!!
Susan

Home as Hobby said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!
Your girls are precious and it sounds as though their hearts are as well. I constantly pray for the faith of a child when I am feeling bogged down by the craziness of life.
Have a blessed day!