Friday, March 15, 2013

Laughing as a family is my all time favorite thing. Ever. Especially at dinner or bedtime, which are  times that can be a little dicey around here, so humor is always a sign of peace.

This week, as Rusty and I were joking (again) about what might be found written in our journals about the other (my journal real, and his very much referenced but completely fictitious), I warned them that when I was out of town they shouldn't read what I had written about Daddy, as he had been making me flat out crazy all weekend.

Cailin, the child who has lived for our shock value since her feet hit the ground, quipped, "Well, you definitely don't want to read mine, then! It is bad!".  (Since she is freely walking the streets without any tattoos or body piercings, and no boyfriends named Spike have shown up, I"m thinking it isn't all that bad and refused to take the bait and panic).

Cassidy, without missing a beat and with a straight face responded, "Oh it is! I read it.".

Oh my gosh! Once again she absolutely leveled her Daddy and I. We could not stop laughing. And then promptly read her sister's journal after she went to sleep.  (Which is totally not true. We don't read journals, but if I were ever going to it would be in front of her so I could taunt her as I read it!)

No comments: