Thursday, March 07, 2013

I have spent enough on scrapbook supplies to fund a small army. Paper, every variety of binder system on the market, and sticker upon sticker. Yet the majority of photos remain in boxes, sorted by age at best, or, worse yet, on the computer. So last night the girls and I sat down with a couple of boxes of pictures from their first few years to take a stroll down memory lane. 

As is typical in our family, Cailin and I snuggled in the same chair, oohing and aahing over the memories together, while Cassidy sat in her personal space bubble beside us, poring independently over her own box of images. (Frequently calling out the size of Cailin's sweet toddler cheeks. We didn't call her buddha for nothing.) All at once I noticed Cassidy flipping faster through a stack of pictures, and as she did, she was silently laughing harder and harder, finally crying from laughing so hard.

As she handed the group to me, she said one thing that I could understand... "My first locket".

As I sorted through them, I immediately understood why. Every picture is missing a face or two, in a perfectly formed heart shape.  I guess I should count my blessings that she was cutting our faces into hearts and not gouging out the eyes with her scissors after being grounded one time too many. There's that at least. Love that girl! She keeps it fun around here, that's for sure.

No comments: