Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Time Is Of The Essence

Ephesians 5:15 Look carefully then how you work!
Live purposefully and worthily and accurately,
not as the unwise and witless, but as wise.
This is one of those verses that resonates with me every single time I read it. Maybe because I am a classic procrastinator. Maybe because I frequently bemoan time with the girls slipping through my fingers like sand. Maybe because I complain too often about "having" to work.
Whatever the reason, this is clearly a Word God wants me to hear. So today I'm going to post this verse throughout my house as a reminder to be diligent and use every precious minute God has blessed me with. Time truly is a gift, and I can't keep putting off what needs to be done. The girls are only this age once, and instead of being sad at the passage of time, I need to embrace the days and celebrate them wisely. Not witlessly.
Gotta go. There's lots to be done today!

No comments: