Thursday, September 24, 2009

Night Sounds

I love the sounds that tell me I am home. The football commentary from the family room. The stomp - clapping of Cassidy as she walks anywhere, unable to put one foot in front of the other without additional movement. Cailin singing or calling out for her little sister (or even more frequently - ME!). The gentle sound of classical music I leave on throughout the day until one of the girls has enough and shuts it off.

May I never forget the joyful sound of a normal evening... it is a gift I treasure.

1 comment:

Girl Raised in the South said...

I'm with you - when fall hits and I hear football sounds in the background, while I'm busy with other stuff, it just sounds so wonderful to me. When we're all together and it's a complete zoo, sometimes I just stop to listen to all the sounds and take it in. Great stuff isn't it?!