Sunday, March 29, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

  • Parents who show up at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday morning to shuttle your children to their activities so you can pack.
  • Parents who stay for the day, hauling away excess stuff to the dump, and then packing the garage into a trailer for the move on Friday.
  • Parents who are willing to spend a busy week night evening helping my select a washer and dryer, and then reassuring me that I made the right choice when I agonize over the expense.
  • Friends who send meals and call to see how your husband is feeling, and really want to hear the answer.
  • Friends who send brownies with their meals:-)
  • Friends who show up unsolicited and spend their Saturday afternoon helping you pack up your overstuffed house.
  • Friends coming in the back door, just as another heads home out the front door.
  • Friends bringing boxes. And more boxes.
  • Friends who help your daughters with their math homework when they can see that you are clearly overwhelmed and about to blow.
  • The narcotics that give your husband relief from the excruciating pain of spinal surgery, and keep him resting, while the upper two floors of his house rapidly disintegrate into a storehouse for cardboard boxes.
  • Bedtime.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish I could have been one of those friends that came in the back door to help out. I guess I'll have to settle for praying all goes well with the packing and that Rusty is feeling good as new very soon. God Bless you and your new home. ~Dena