Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall Is In The Air

When I heard that rain showers were expected today, I knew it would be just what we need to bring some of those colorful leaves fluttering through the air. Today has not disappointed! Cooler temperatures, soft rain, and a gentle breeze are making today my favorite kind of fall day.

The leaves are blowing through the air, and I love the breeze so much that I have the windows open with the fireplace burning to keep me warm! If I weren't chained to the stacks of laundry, begging to be folded, I would be snuggled up with a good book and some hot tea.

I did allow myself a lunch break, though, and finished "Village Diary" while eating the Barefoot Contessa's chicken chili- yum. It always makes me sad to finish a book I enjoy, but that is why I chose a series for fall, to prolong my "visit" to Fairacre. Next up- "Storm in the Village."

I'm enjoying the solitude of an empty house today, as the girls are at play rehearsal and a friends, and Rusty and my Dad are at the Outdoor Superstore in Richmond. I'm not sure the boys will be back today; when I spoke to Rusty he said this place has a restaurant (where they just finished buffalo burgers), a trout pond, an indoor waterfall, a homemade fudge factory, and more. Sounds like Disney for Daddy's! I'm glad they're enjoying the day together, and thankful for the peace and quiet of a completely calm house for a few hours.

I better go enjoy it while it lasts!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Umm, sounds wonderful! Enjoy the peace and solitude ... and I say, "Leave the laundry for later!" :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, it sounds like a wonderful day. Enjoy! I second leaving the laundry until later. It'll be there waiting!