Thursday, October 23, 2008

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Around our house, football is king. As a former player and coach, my husband is crazy for college ball, particularly the WV Mountaineers. (WV is our home state). Anytime they're playing, he's watching, and his favorite games are the ones played against friend's teams, so they can heckle each other the entire game.

Such will be the case tonight as WV takes on Auburn, and our friends the Cruz's' are joining us for some football fun. While the boys are inside shouting at the t.v., I'm looking forward to sitting outside by the fire! Ruth and I can enjoy our chili while the kids roast hot dogs, and the boys can have "man land" to themselves.

On the menu...
Nachos with melted cheddar and jalapenos
2 bean chili
Jalapeno cheddar cornbread (crisped up in my Mama's cast iron skillet- yum!)
Hot dogs
s'mores
sweet tea
diet coke

Food like this is what makes me a fan of football:-)

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Your husband and my husband need to meet! Chris LOVES college football. (And I caught a glimpse of him on the computer this morning, checking out the WV Mountaineers! Looks like he's gearing up for that game, too!)

Your menu sound yummy; chili has been requested here, too, so I'm checkin my pantry to see what I have on hand and what I need to buy.

Have a wonderful weekend!

PS-Are you on facebook?

Anonymous said...

Your menu wants to make me a football fan also!
Kim