Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Jesus Loves Me

Tonight at dinner we were talking about the Rapture, and the conversation turned to what it would be like for those unfortunate souls left behind. Cassidy said she would be sad to be flying up to meet Jesus, and seeing all those people left behind on the ground. Her daddy reassured her that she would be so consumed with God's glory that she wouldn't be aware of anything else, and we went on to discuss that we don't know the time Jesus will return, and that it could be any second.

Wow, her eyes were huge! So we explained that those left behind could still turn to Jesus, but it would be a miserable time to live, and there would be lots of suffering for those who had delayed in that decision. When she went up to get ready for bed, she said, "Mommy, when you tuck me in, I want to pray that prayer". Now, we know she loves Jesus, and is a very faith filled little girl. She even asked Jesus into her heart at the innocent age of 4 (under the piano bench with her big sister) and I believe was sincere. However, if there is any doubt that Jesus is welcome in her beautiful heart I am all for inviting Him in again!

So after our bedtime prayers, she prayed with me while her Daddy and big sister looked on, and made sure Jesus knows He is welcome in her heart forever and ever. I have the most precious image in my mind's eye , of Jesus smiling with delight at Cassidy's innocent desire to be absolutely certain that He knows she loves Him, and wants Him to lead her every step of her way. I'm so thankful that He is happy to oblige her.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Too wonderful!!!!!!
Susan

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! My kids have done this too!

Debbie said...

Hi Kelly, i saw your comment over at Mindless Junque and when I clicked on your profile I saw that you are from Virginia. I live in Northern Virginia. I just spent quite a bit of time on your site and love it. You are very articulate and have such a great heart for the Lord. I think there were some things I needed to hear today through some of your posts, too. God is good. Thanks for letting me stop by, and I will definitely be back.

Katie said...

OH, how sweet and innocent and pure. I cannot imagine a more wonderful moment with a child (or any person, for that matter). I teared up reading this...it was beautiful!