- Freshly laundered sheets and my down comforter turned down invitingly.
- The giggles of sisters chasing each other through the house. The silence of a house full of sickness was deafening.
- Knowing that tomorrow we all go back to our normal schedules.
- The warmth of a fireplace on a cold and icy night.
- Being able to actually find things in my recently straightened pantry, and not having canned goods fall on me when I open the door.
- The sweet scent of my girls' hair after a restorative, hot soak in the bubbles.
- Tussin with codeine cough syrup guaranteeing me a sound night's sleep.
- Stink Doggy- Dog has an appointment with the groomer tomorrow.
- A good book on my nightstand with only a few chapters left to enjoy. (Debbie Macomber's "Back on Blossom Street")
After having our routine and household turned upside down by sickness, I am truly thanking God for the blessing of a life full of normalcy.
Life is good.