Friday, February 29, 2008

I'm glad it is only every 4 years!

Ugh! My morning has not gone well, and my attitude has not been what it should be. I let sleep deprivation, pms, and frustration over typical childish behaviors push me into a tailspin of temper tantrum.

I am remorseful for my behavior... slamming a closet door, tossing a cup in the sink (with more force than necessary), and berating the girls instead of teaching them. I am also irritated with things that don't even have anything to do with them, and so that adds fuel to the fire that is my self righteous hissy fit. I am ashamed, and yet I chose to continue snapping at them. I was justified in my disappointment, but what am I teaching them, if when frustrated I behave like they do? I need to be better... it is my job, the job that matters most to me- training them up in the way they should go, not the way the world (and sometimes Mommy!) goes.

I am going to pray and repent, and ask God to please let me do better the rest of they day. I was so excited that today was leap year, and wanted to mark the occassion. Now I'm just glad I won't have to relive this date for another 4 years.

Maybe by then I will have matured.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Kelly just use our Christian bar or soup 1 John 1:9 and move on. Conviction is of God, and you have that.....condemnation if from satan and don't let him do that to you. Honest post!!!!!
Susan

Missy said...

Could you say a prayer for me while you are at it? I could have written this post. Been a hard week.

Janelle said...

You are a great mom, give yourself some grace today. Your girls need to see how you process a day like today. AThat will teach them how to ask for forgiveness next time they have a tantrum.

Unknown said...

I feel like this so often. How can I show my kids how they should behave, when I struggle so much myself. When I see my own behaviors coming out in them, I get so frustrated and down. I have to pray about this all the time too. It's been a long week here....when is spring coming??

Sarah said...

This past week was a long one for everyone I know! I've heard so many people, myself included, state that very thing this week.

I know you are a wonderful mommy. I think it's important for kids to know mommies and daddies are human, too, and get frustrated and irritated.

Not even having children yet, I had a mini panic attack on Friday that I am was too immature and impatient to ever be a mom, because everyone and everything seemed to be getting on my nerves. We all have our days! Hugs.

Brenda said...

And you daughter will learn how to "fix" a day that has gone wrong like that. By turning to the Lord you ARE teaching them.