- Awakening to the poplar tree, framed by my window, glowing as if from within, as its newly yellow leaves catch the sunshine.
- Coming downstairs to the scent of pumpkin spice candles burning... and the awareness that Rusty lit them to bring me pleasure.
- The first fire of the season, and sharing it with Cassidy as she enjoys her autumn snack of warm apple cider and popcorn.
- The smile on Cailin's face when she skips to the car after play rehearsal, and the exuberance she returns to our home with her arrival.
- The silence of home after the girls are off to school, and the sweetness of several hours devoted to accomplishing some overdue tasks.
- The racket of giggles and chatter, and even bickering, when my sweet girls return home.
- Laughing hysterically with Cassidy as our hamsters race around our bathtub while their cage is being cleaned.
- Decorating the front porch with fall decorations, and Cassidy saying coming to our house makes people feel welcome.
- Feeling guilty for making grilled cheese and soup from a can for dinner, and then being told by each of the girls that my grilled cheese sandwiches are the best ever.
- Notes of encouragement from my Dad.
- Calls of encouragement from my Mom.
- A stack of books in every room, and Cailin asking me to awaken her early so she can read before school.
Home. Family. Faith.
Life is good.