Wednesday, March 14, 2012

He is Here

Mean girls abound in middle school. Gossiping and criticizing, whispering behind hands, and laughing when you walk in the room.

Christian mean girls are the majority, unfortunately. Pious in their separate status of "Christian school". Saying one thing while living another, their words are both clean and bitter water from the same "spring". Displeasing to God, I know, yet where is He?

Sweet girls with broken hearts and tear stained cheeks tear at my spirit, as I cry out to God, protect my girl, protect her from those who profess to love you, and yet hate her.

A sister, flawed and often the source of much irritation, yet deeply adored. When pain swirls around, she draws near and loves, offering words of encouragement and empathy. Heads drawn together, laughter bubbles up, and I see God.

He is here. He is here.

No comments: