Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday Night Live

I love my life.

It's a Saturday night, and so far I have dusted and reorganized my cluttered office, folded and put away laundry, and sorted through the tubs of spring clothes creating piles to go to goodwill, friends, or the dumpster. Downstairs the girls and a friend, here for a sleepover, are squealing and laughing as they watch the Nickeoldeon Kid's Choice awards, and overdosing on popcorn and fudgesicles. Their conversation fascinates me as they worry about whether or not their favorite pop singer may be "going goth", and sympathize that she must not have had enough time to warm up, because "she isn't singing very well tonight"!

During commmercials I hear them playing games of chicken (what in the world that is, I don't know, but it sure is noisy!) and popping more popcorn. I can tell when they are announcing the finalists, because there is silence for a brief moment, and then sudden chatter again as they each shout out their favorite. As the winners are announced it is hilarious to listen to one sing along with the theme song, another critique the wardrobe choices, and another cheer if their choice won.

I never dreamed, back before I was a Mommy, that it would be so fun to stay home cleaning and enjoy the fun times of my girls on a Saturday night. Sweet times...

Oh, my, I have to join them- I hear Alvin And The Chipmunks!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Kelly, thanks for your visit to my blog. I've been reading about your family and the victory over that blood clot. Wooo hooo! My husband had a subclavian clot in his right arm about 15 years ago, and it was scary. It's amazing how far medicine has come even since then.

Love the story about your girls. You're right to enjoy this time. Doesn't it just go so darn fast? I blinked and I have a 9 and 11 year old. How did that happen? :)

Blessings on your week.