Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The Good Life

I'm not really a fan of the morning.
Actually, I love mornings once I am awake,
it's just the waking up part
that I struggle with.
So this morning, when Rusty's alarm went off at 5:20
it was very out of character for me to hop out of bed
and get started with the day.
I popped a load of laundry in the dryer ,
(at 10:00 last night I realized Cailin's PE uniform needed to be washed)
put the tea kettle on to boil
 so the girls could have their hot cocoa and tea,
and then started folding the towels that had been blocking
the door to the laundry room for a few days.
Or maybe for a week.

I opened the blinds, made the bed,
and then enjoyed a leisurely time of prayer and journaling.
Mundane or not, as I bustle around the kitchen,
prepping a roast for the crock pot and sorting out the pantry,
I feel so blessed that I get to be the one doing this for my family.

 Cooking, cleaning, and washing out PE uniforms aren't glamorous,
but knowing I will always have things taken care of for the girls,
and that home is here ready for their return,
is a reassurance that is priceless. 

I think glamour must be over - rated, anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Isn't it amazing how being productive in our homes can make us feel so FULL?! I think it's because we are doing what HE created us to do. We are the heart of our homes! I had a visual picture of everything you typed in my head. Love it! Love you!

daisyc said...

GOD !!! Kids, Husband, Cooking , Cleaning !!! School, college,Good Day's , Bad Day'. Yes He Has Created us Well. Productivity was really in his plan . Thanks Amanda.