Wednesday, February 25, 2009

To Do

I woke up feeling somewhat un-rested (is that a word?) this morning, after tossing and turning a good portion of the night. I realized that most of the feathers from my down comforter had migrated to Rusty's half of the bed, leaving me sleeping under the equivalent of a sheet. So the first order of the day is re-plumping my comfy comforter.

Next up is making a complete list of all the things that are nagging me to be done; calls to be returned, school applications to be mailed, and credit card charges to be disputed. All minor, yet when carried over on my mental to do list for several days (or weeks- yikes!) causing me stress and sleepless nights.

After that, I am headed (with some chai tea) to my cozy spot on the sofa, where my ottoman is already covered with my current study materials, highlighters, and pens. I'm hoping that some time focused on God's Word will change my perspective on today and give me the encouragement I need to tackle that to do list, and maybe even get some work done, too.

No comments: