Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Big Day

I want to remember the hype surrounding todays inaugeration, because like all major life events, soon this will be nothing more than a memory, as our country gets back to focusing on the business at hand.

The local news shows image after image of traffic snaking along, trying to find parking in the metro lots which were already 90% full at 6:00 a.m. Police predicted that we, 50 miles south of DC, could be in gridlock for 24 hours. Locals are renting rooms for $1000.00 a night, while I saw on t.v. that others opened up their home for free, hosting Germans, students, and middle Eastern guests.

It's a crazy time, as so many celebrate our new president as a savior for our country. I don't see him as such, and honestly oppose much of what he stands for. However, as the leader of our country, I choose to pray for him, and ask God to give him the wisdom he needs to protect and lead the United States.

In the midst of the hoopla for the inaugeration, Rusty and I wait to hear if our offer on a new house has been accepted, and if we are going forward with this move. It has been incredibly stressful to weigh the pros and cons in a pretty iffy real estate market, but we have sought God and feel He is guiding us. Once again I am reminded that we have to "step out of the boat" if we want to allow God to do great things in our life, and honestly, I struggle with this. I realize I am often content to keep paddling along, safe and comfortable, instead of trusting that God will carry me and allow me the blessing of walking with Him, in unknown territory, if I just step out in faith.

So today is a big day for our country, and a big day for our family. I'm so thankful that I have the assurance of God's sovereign grace for both circumstances.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Can't wait to hear what happens with your home.

Good to catch up with you.

Jenny said...

I'm praying for you today. God knows where He wants you to live. Trust in Him no matter what happens. His plan is perfect!

Lulu and Co. said...

Going forth with the home sounds exciting. Keep us informed. Yep is in Gods hands (thank goodness) I like what you wrote about the President. I feel the same,pray for him and wish him well, not who I voted for but we are a proud military family and we support him and our great country.
LuLu