Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Faithful One

Well, we survived the election and all the excitement that followed this past week. It will be interesting to see what the next four years hold... my girls will become teenagers, I will turn the big 4-0, Rusty and I will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.

Through it all, I know God will hold us all in the palm of His hand, and it will be good. My hope is not in our president, and so I am able to look forward with confidence. Not in the new administration, but in the King of Kings.

As I raced through WalMart this weekend, a Christmas card caught my eye. I bought the box on the spot, if not to send for Christmas greetings, then as a reminder to myself:

Jesus
The Faithful One
The confidence we have
the trust we hold
the hope we carry
rest in His faithfulness.
Every promise He has made
He purposes to fulfill.
He has the authority to
accomplish all He has spoken.
His power is limitless...
His character changeless...
His love endless!
May your heart be filled with the confidence that He is on His throne, now and always. Regardless of who sits in the White House.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I love what that Christmas card says. Now I'll be on the lookout for the same cards at our store. It is such a good reminder that we have nothing to fear. I am so thankful for God's promises to us.

I live IN Jesus said...

Amen, and isn't it more imperative for Jesus' followers to keep our eyes on Him! As I believe that the days ahead are going to be very challenging if we do not! Come quickly Lord Jesus! God bless you!
Sincerely,
Sarah T

Liz said...

What a wonderful card.Thank you for sharing.