Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Sometimes I let my temper get the best of me. I jump to conclusions, break out in a sweat, and blame people (in my mind) for things they may or may not have even done.
In the best scenario I calm down and am never discovered to be a temperamental little brat. Worst case, I open my mouth or text and let accusations fly, feelings be darned and emotions spewing ugliness.
I am always left with a sense of remorse and feeling drained. Anger is not energizing. I realize why I am supposed to give every stray thought to God , and TRUST HIM. However, in the heat of the moment, I most often flail ahead, tripping over my frustration in a clumsy purge of blame , sadness and then messy apology.
How I pray to be more Christ like each day, and to remember the last time I allowed fear- truly always the root of the emotions-to direct my behavior.
Thank God, literally, for grace.

No comments: