Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Intentional


Turning 40 was such a turning point for me, as I evaluated where I was in life, and where I wanted to be. I recognized that one of the biggest frustrations for me is my lack of diligence in following through on tasks I set for myself, small and large. So for the past year and a half, I have been slowly  but surely working to improve myself. Sometimes I see huge results, and other times it seems like I am a puddle of inactivity, stuck where I am.

So for the rest of October, I am going to journal here the baby steps I have taken to bring order to my life and home, and the efforts I am making to be better in all areas. This way I can look back and see my daily efforts, and hopefully accomplishments!

  • I sorted through all the cleats in the garage, cleaned them up, and sent them to school with Rusty for donation to The Boys and Girls Club.
  • Went online and checked the girls grades; a dreaded task that I usually procrastinate until it is too late to be of any benefit.
  • Recycled items I really just wanted to toss in the trash. Instead I took the time to remove the labels and rinse clean, before putting them in the recycling bin. (See? How pitiful is it that this is an accomplishment?)
  • Completed nearly all the items on my to-do list for work. It was so nice to start today not feeling like I am already behind.

No comments: